Like or depend on the web? Tell the FCC and your reps TODAY with the rest of us — stand up to the greedheads and censors (it’s easy!):
Disco, funk, and hip-hop for your alarm clock.
- ♫ “In The Morning” by Carol Douglas
- ♫ “Take Me, Shake Me, Wake Me” by Silver Convention
- ♫ “Get Up, Get Into It and Get Involved” by James Brown
- ♫ “Rise Up” by The Commodores
- ♫ “Sex Machine” by James Brown
- ♫ “Sunrise” by Rose Royce
- ♫ “Get Up” by The Coup feat. Dead Prez
- ♫ “Get Up And Stretch” by [unknown]
- ♫ “Music For Morning People” by Kid Koala
This vid of a grandma’s surprise for her grandson always makes me smile. :)
Ambient, chillout, dub, and experimental music for your alarm clock.
- ♫ “Abiogenesis” by Carbon Based Lifeforms
- ♫ “Misty Morning (live edit)” by Cell
- ♫ “Sunrise” by Young American Primitive
- ♫ “Falling Awake” by Shpongle
- ♫ “The Awakening” by Almunia
- ♫ “Wake The Beach” by Cerrone
- ♫ “Rise & Shine Dub” by King Tubby meets Lee Perry
- ♫ “Wide Awake” by Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith
A terrible misunderstanding during Gallery Walk.
♫ Rhythm Of Snow by Yagya
Good album for today’s weather.
I usually ignore Valentine’s Day, but it seems the best time to post this fantastic video by Ukraine’s drag wonder:
♫ “Ya Popala Na Lubov” by Verka Serduchka
I don’t want to diminish anyone’s New Year celebration, but I can’t imagine a better one than Ukrainian drag sensation Verka Serduchka performing Rammstein’s “Du Hast” on New Year’s Eve with Christmas trees, dancers in folk and mining outfits, and gouts of fire.
I just read the weirdest description of anti-semitism I’ve ever seen: “[E]xcept perhaps the flying fish, there was no race existing on the earth, in the air, or the waters, who were the object of such an unintermitting, general, and relentless persecution as the Jews of this period.” (from Ivanhoe by Walter Scott)
A quick search turns up nothing about medieval views of flying fish, so I’m still baffled — but I did find the Bosch VR app which purportedly lets one explore Hieronymous Bosch’s painting The Garden Of Earthly Delights in 3D: “allowing viewers to ride a flying fish through the Garden of Eden, endure illicit temptation and be transported into Bosch’s terrifying vision of hell.”
Don’t miss out — the fate of the nation is in your hands!
♫ “Livin’ Off The Land” by the Holy Modal Rounders
“We will have a pet raccoon / Maybe we’ll have two / If you ask me real nice / I’ll let ‘em sleep with you” I actually met someone who had a pet raccoon once — he walked right into the office with it on his shoulder.
“Hey boppa, livin’ off the land / Hey boppa, livin’ off the land / Hey boppa, livin’ off the land / Isn’t nature grand”
♫ “Random Canyon” by The Holy Modal Rounders
“Where the crystal coyote calls / over sleepy garden walls / and the wireless wombat wanders on the wing”