- CHILDREN OF THE CANE
- A couple on vacation encounters a sugarcane-growing town where the children have formed a cult and murdered all the adults.
- CHILDREN OF THE CO-EARN
- The children in an isolated town become maniacally obsessed with a profit-sharing scheme, killing anyone who won’t join.
- CHILLING OF THE CORN
- A documentary about frozen vegetables.
- CHILDREN OF THE CONE
- A couple encounters an isolated town where the children have killed the adults to eliminate restrictions on ice-cream consumption. Having learned how to operate the ice cream stand, the kids rob and murder passerby to pay for supplies.
- CHILDREN OF THE COW URN
- A society of children venerate a cartoonish cow-shaped pitcher into which they pour the blood of human sacrifices.
- CHILTON OF THE CORN
- In this historical comedy, improbable circumstances lead a British aristocrat to become a farmer in the United States. Will he ever accept the American usage of the word “corn” to mean “maize”?
- CHILDREN OF THE COMB
- A cult of children obsessed with perfect hair murder anyone who doesn’t have it…and grown-ups generally don’t.
- CHILDREN OF THE BOURNE
- The umpteenth Bourne Conspiracy sequel, introducing a new generation.
- CHITLINS AND SOME CORN
- A short video demonstrating a recipe.
- CHILDREN OF THE PORN
- A malevolent pornographic movie rapidly circulates among residents of a small town, causing them to conceive demonic children.
- CHILDREN OF THE CORN MAZE aka CHILDREN OF THE MAIZE
- A traveling couple encounters a town that seems to have no children. They discover that all the children live in a corn maze, where they’ve formed a terrifying, feral society. They live there because one year the local farmer who made the annual corn maze got over-ambitious, and the maze proved too difficult to escape — the children couldn’t find their way out. When the adults realized how quiet and peaceful the town was without them, they left them there.
- CHILBLAINS AND A CORN
- A senior citizen details their ailments.
- CHIPMUNKS OF THE CORN
- In an isolated farming town, unusually intelligent chipmunks have formed a cult and murdered all the children in town. The chipmunks got the idea from observing the children, who had formed a cult and murdered all the adults in town. Will the chipmunks learn to farm in time to replace all the corn they’re gorging on?
♫ “Scientific Love” by Midnight Star
“If Einstein were around today / He would teach us how to love a scientific way”
♫ “Investigation” by Carl Sherlock Holmes Investigation
“Everything I do shall be funky / from now on”
♫ “Poolside Polka” by Rotondi
“Love is in your eyes, and the streets are / awash with new chlorine”
I drew a Before Sleep strip of the chorus:
♫ “Moon Child” by Scott Cunningham Band (on a compilation released today: TRIP TO THE MOON — 13 supergroovy R&B, Soul, Garage Rock & Funk songs about the Moon by Various Artists)
Having stomach trouble today. It’s not major like the one I had 3 years ago, but suddenly it’s just bumming me out. Actually, what’s probably dragging my mood down is not having eaten enough because of it. Anyway: :(
A pale cloud at night stood like a strange hill behind the roofs and treetops of Keene recently.
Things you don’t see anymore: curses inscribed in books to discourage their theft. “[W]idely employed … during the medieval period[,] [t]he use of book curses dates back … to pre-Christian times, when the wrath of gods was invoked to protect books and scrolls.” — https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_curse
♫ “Moskow Diskow” by Telex
Excellent ’80s synth riff and catchy bassline with mock-serious vocals.
♫ “Friday” by Capone
Simple but classic drum & bass.
♫ “Running With The Wolves” by Korpiklaani
Rousing metal + accordion instrumental from Finland.